A TSM Leadership Award is granted only when a facility meets or exceeds a Level A ranking in their results across all of the six protocols of TSM - Aboriginal and community outreach, crisis management, safety and health, tailings management, biodiversity conservation management, and energy use and greenhouse gas emissions management. A facility's TSM results must be externally verified to be eligible for this recognition.
TSM Leadership Award Winners 2015
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited - Goldex mine
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, Kittila mine
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, LaRonde mine
- First Quantum Minerals Ltd., Çayeli mine
- IAMGOLD Corporation, Essakane Gold Mine
- IAMGOLD Corporation, Rosebel Gold Mines N.V.
- IAMGOLD Corporation, Westwood Mine
- Teck Resources Limited, Line Creek Operations
TSM Leadership Award Winners 2014
- Glencore Nickel - Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations
- Teck Resources Limited, Cardinal River Operations
- Teck Resources Limited, Teck Trail Operations
TSM Leadership Award Winner 2013
- Teck Resources Limited, Elkview Operations
TSM Leadership Award Winner 2011
Barrick Gold Corporation, Hemlo Mine
"We are pleased to recognize the TSM Leadership Award winners, which is an important and rare distinction that celebrates a facility for its achievements in the TSM initiative. These facilities have demonstrated leadership in environmental management and for how they engage with their communities, and we congratulate them for being a model for other mine sites across Canada."
- Pierre Gratton, President and CEO, the Mining Association of Canada