The purpose of this report is to present the summary of discussions of the MAC Community of Interest Advisory Panel (COI Panel) post-verification review (PVR) for Glencore and Rio Tinto. Meeting presentations and briefing materials were provided to the COI Panel and are not duplicated in the body of this report.
For more information on the October 2017 Panel Meeting, please see the October 2017 COI Panel Meeting Report under separate cover.
This report is organized by the following sections:
- Section 2: Overview of Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM)
- Section 3: Overview of the TSM verification system and COI Panel post-verification review
- Section 4: Results and discussion of the 2017 post-verification review: Glencore
- Section 5: Results and discussion of the 2017 post-verification review: Rio Tinto
- Section 6: Key reflections from the 2017 post-verification review
- Section 7: Panel feedback on the post-verification review process