The COI Panel will assist MAC and its member companies to achieve excellence in sustainability performance acting on the TSM guiding principles, and to make a strong positive contribution to economic and social development in Canada, the communities where they work, and where relevant, other countries.
- Identify to the MAC Board of Directors current and emerging priority issues (environmental, social, cultural, and economic) for the sector (issue strategic planning)
- Receive feedback from MAC on the industry’s performance and on issues raised by its communities of interest, including through community-level engagement processes undertaken by member companies
- Provide a place for rich and well-informed (national level) dialogue and for MAC and its members to test industry policies and approaches, and to bring issues for advice (beyond the TSM program elements)
- Advise and encourage MAC and its members to improve and raise the bar for environmental, social, and economic performance
- Advise MAC on the on-going development and implementation of TSM and review TSM implementation results
- Contribute to the understanding of and support for the goals and achievements of TSM among MAC communities of interest