This report includes the 2017 TSM performance results for 67 mining facilities belonging to 23 of our member companies. This year, 24 mining facilities had their results externally verified as part of TSM’s three-year external verification cycle. Six facilities reported TSM performance for the first time and are included in aggregate graphs for each of the Protocols. Once again, we saw strong performance in many of the TSM Protocols:
- 96% report publicly on their engagement and dialogue activities.
- 81% conduct crisis simulation exercises.
- 99% have formal safety and health management systems.
- 75% have senior management commitments to biodiversity conservation in place.
- 92% have implemented a tailings management system that is in conformance with MAC’s tailings management guides.
- 96% have implemented energy use and GHG emissions management reporting systems.