This report includes the 2015 TSM performance results of 62 facilities belonging to 22 of our member companies, six of which had their results externally verified as part of TSM’s three-year external verification cycle. Two mines reported TSM performance for the first time and are included in aggregate graphs for each of the protocols. Once again, we saw improvements across all protocols:
- 85% of facilities reported having a comprehensive management system for energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, compared to 75% in 2014.
- More than 90% of facilities achieved a Level A or higher across all indicators in the Tailings Management Protocol.
- 86% of companies and facilities reported they have a crisis management plan that adheres to the criteria of the Crisis Management Planning Protocol, compared to 83% in 2014.
- 95% engaged in effective and meaningful two-way dialogue with communities of interest.
- 71% have senior management commitment to biodiversity conservation in place.
- 100% have a fully implemented safety and health management system.