The purpose of this report is to present the summary of discussions of the MAC Community of Interest Advisory Panel (COI Panel) post-verification review (PVR) of Barrick’s Hemlo operations and ArcelorMittal’s Mont-Wright and Port-Cartier operations. Meeting presentations and briefing materials were provided to the COI Panel; content contained in meeting presentations is not duplicated in the body of this report.
For more information on the October 2014 Panel Meeting, please see the October 2014 COI Panel Meeting Report.
This report is organized by the following sections:
- Section 2: Overview of Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM)
- Section 3: Overview of the TSM verification system and COI Panel post-verification review
- Section 4: Results and discussion of the 2014 post-verification review: Barrick
- Section 5: Results and discussion of the 2014 post-verification review: ArcelorMittal
- Section 6: Key reflections from the 2014 post-verification review
- Section 7: Panel feedback on the post-verification review process